Sunday, December 2, 2012

DIY Advent Wreath [Tutorial]

Today marks the beginning of advent and I like to light an advent wreath to help me focus on the real meaning of Christmas (cheesy, I know but trust me, I can get carried away). You can buy advent wreaths in all shapes and sizes and lots of them include a Christmas-y type wreath.

DIY Christmas Advent Wreath


You can find them for anywhere from $12- $50+ but since I already had a small wreath that I wasn't using, I decided to make my own. 

I actually made my advent wreath last here but it's very simple. 

Materials:
12-14" Artificial evergreen wreath (you can find these at any Michael's around the holiday)
Advent Candles (Similar found Here)
Ribbons, pine cones, or any other decorations you'd like to use

DIY Advent Wreath Materials

Lay your wreath on a flat working surface and place play with the layout decorations until you are happy with the arrangement making sure to leave a empty spot at your 12, 3, 6, and 9 O-clock on the wreath.
As you can see I used pine cones and artificial berries and ivy. Once you are happy with the look, attach the decorations using a hot glue gun (or other craft glue).

DIY Advent Wreath Materials

I just hot glue my advent candles onto the wreath like any classy lady would but if for some craaazy reason you don't feel comfortable having glue that melts under heat holding up something on fire, there are lots of small tapered candle holders that could be purchased at the Dollar Store or Michael's or online and glued onto the wreath to hold up your candles. 

DIY Christmas Advent Wreath

If you like to have a 5th white candle for Christmas day, just get a pillar candle and set it in the middle of your wreath. 

 

Have a blessed advent! 



No comments:

Post a Comment