Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Welcome to KnitKnots

As an armature knitter and crafter I have been lavishing my friends and family with mediocre homemade gifts for years. As I slowly begin to develop my still novice skills, I thought that a blog would be a good avenue to document my progress and maybe remind some other aspiring crafters out there that you have to start somewhere.

I grew up in a creative family with a mother gifted in every aspect creativity. A master seamstress (who hand-made my wedding dress), a knitter (who spins her own yarn) and blesses us with home-made wool socks each year for Christmas, and a painter who specializes in watercolors. As such, I have naturally dabbled in my fair share of crafting and artistry. After years of making knit stitch scarves, I picked up the knitting directory on a whim in the clearance section of Barnes and Nobles.  Let me just say, it may have been the best $6 I've ever spent. While I am still knitting on a relatively small scale (scarves, hats, gloves etc..) my knitting knowledge has exploded and I am growing dangerously close to pursuing a lager endeavor such as a sweater.

Sadly, since most of my previous work was made as gifts I don't have many pictures to share but I recently made a neck warmer and just started on a hat for my nephew so pictures are on their way....

No comments:

Post a Comment