Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Some Wedding Bits

A little over a year ago I had the blessing of marrying my wonderful husband. The wedding planning unleashed a hayday of crafting projects. While it proved to be a lot of work, it made my "special" day that much more personal.





One of my first projects was to make earrings and hair clips for my bridesmaids. I initially bought feather pads to make the clips but found that they were too large so I just made my own from individual feathers and a decorative brad.
No, I didn't make the shoes...or the flowers, but I did glue the flowers onto the shoes. I know, it's not much of a craft but those little touches made the wedding mine.
I did use use a purchased feather pad for my hair piece and pinned a silver broach with blue stones that was my great grandmothers onto it. I made the veil which was initially supposed to go over my head and face but once my hair was done, I found that the veil did not fit so my fantastic bridesmaids ad libbed what you see here.

The centerpieces were a practice in price control. I uses candy dishes as the centerpieces and created bags with names on them for placecards tying the the centerpieces and gifts into one. The table numbers are canvas with ironed on numbers a silver grommet and twine tying them onto the vase.

I initially had a place to do a wire basket and hanger for these antique ball jars but found that my wire skills are not quite what I anticipated. Instead, I wired hooks around lip of the jar used the twine to hang it on tall shepherds hooks to with tulle between them to make a beautiful "altar" to get married in front of.


In addition to these, my husband and I also made the invitations which I will try add a picture of later.

All the wedding photos were provided by the fantastical talented Meg Fenton

No comments:

Post a Comment