Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hooter Hat

The playfully named hooter hat was inspired by the gorgeous owl sweater I ran across on the needled blog. Since then, I haven't been able to get enough of these little owl knits. I intended to knit this hat to fit my 2 1/2 year old nephew, only to find (after completing 3/4 of it) that it will be much too small (more like an infant sized hat). 2 year olds have surprisingly big heads and I come from a family of extra large headed folks which requires that I make the hat just that much bigger. Since I was running low on yarn anyway and was a bit nervous about having enough to add a pom pom on top, I decided that I will hold off on knitting this hat until I receive some yarn that I ordered online, but stay tuned I have recently started a new knitting project that should make it's debut here any day now!

No comments:

Post a Comment