Monday, December 17, 2012

Keep Calm and Carry Yarn

I had planned on having a blog on how to wrap presents but since no one reads this blog anyway I am hoping that my imaginary readers will not mind that I didn't get around to putting one together. It's Christmas, I'm busy, you understand, right?

So as a replacement for the present blog, you get to read about the a yarn bags that I worked on this Christmas. I even used the bag as the wrapping for another present so this almost counts as a present wrapping post!...shut up I tried....


Okay so moving on, I have been looking for good options for images to put on a yarn bag and while this one was my personal favorite (and may yet make it on a yarn bag), I had to go with something slightly more mature on this particular project.


The winner was an adaptation of the 'Keep Calm and Carry On' signs.  When I researched these signs I found out that they were propaganda from the British Government during the start of WWII. The graphics are so fun and lend themselves to great adaptation as we've seen all over pop culture lately. I especially love the "carry yarn" because it sounds so much like "carry on" (it's the little things in life). This is by no means an original idea. A google image search will quickly show you that many individuals, more clever than myself, came up with this idea. Despite all the good adaptations that other people have come up with, none of them were quite perfect for my project so I came up with my own. I tried to keep the text as close as possible both in typography and spacing to the original. Here is the final result.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY YARN

Here is the mirrored image in case you want to print it and iron it onto any bags, shirts etc.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY YARN MIRROR IMAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment